This Bok Choy salad has been passed down to me from my mom and everyone LOVES it! I’ve brought it to several gatherings and it never fails, someone either asks me for the recipe, or I am forever responsible to bring it to every gathering going forward and I really don’t mind. It’s crunchy, sweet, nutty, and has that yummy salty soy sauce flavor in the dressing. Even my kids love it ? Someday I’ll play around with adding some sesame oil in it. Until then, here is the delicious Bok Choy recipe.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 T Sugar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 packages Ramen noodles *Do NOT use the seasoning packets
- 1 package slivered or sliced almonds
- 2 heads bok choy
- 5 each green onions
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 T soy sauce
Toppings and Bok Choy
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add to it the sesame seeds, broken up ramen noodles, almonds and sugar until lightly browned. Use low heat and watch this closely so it doesn’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Wash and slice the bok choy and green onions and mix together. Chill until ready to use.
- Mix together the oil, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce until well combined.
- Right before serving, toss the toppings in with the bok choy and green onions. Add the dressing and serve.
Share this Recipe